Monday, March 07, 2016

Aim for the moon...

Just another one of those feel-good factor posts :).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

…if you miss, you could probably hit one of the stars.  So, the saying goes.

I’ve never been an overachiever.  At least, I don’t think so.

Yes, I was probably always striving to be the best in class or sports when I was younger, and I do try to do my best in whatever it is I’m doing, but that’s about it.  But as for having huge dreams, well… Let’s just put it this way.  I’ve never dreamt that I will one day have a mansion, or own a Bentley or become a CEO of a company, any company for that matter.  I’m always content with whatever I’ve achieved on my own without having to depend too much on other people.  And that, to me, is a great achievement already.

All throughout my career life though, whilst I do whatever is required of me the best that I can, without fanning anybody’s behind, superiors keep telling me that I have the potential to move up.  I’ve always been skeptical with the remarks because much as I would like to think that I produce great work, I never really think my work is fantastic.  I mean, I feel there are other people who would be able to match or do better than what I’ve done.  My previous superior also mentioned to me once that higher management actually recognized who I am and spoke well of me.  Now, due to an issue I always have with that superior, I actually just dismissed what she said (but nevertheless, felt kembang for a while :p).  Thus, I just keep on continuing to do my level best in everything I do.

However, when I’m actually being sought after by a few people from different areas in the last few months enquiring whether I would be interested to join them, I can’t say that I’m not pleased.  It is a true recognition that I’ve never really asked for nor thought I would get, especially in a huge organization such as this one.  But, keeping my feet firm on the ground, I will still do my best in what I do and even though some opportunities come and are hard to resist, I would need to think through sensibly and not greedily, and hope that better opportunities will come along the way in the future, InsyaAllah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another saying goes, dicampak ke laut menjadi pulau, dicampak ke dapat menjadi gunung... Guess you're getting there :)
- Agent 5840x

Faza said...

Awwwww, shucks *blush*. Tq :)