Monday, March 07, 2016

What’s in a name…

Haha... am still anal about this also :p.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate it when people misspell and / or mispronounce my name. I don’t get what is so difficult about pronouncing my name. People, my name has four syllables – not three! It’s FA-ZA-LE-NA. Not FAZ-LE-NA. And, LENA is pronounced LI-NA but please don’t spell it with an “I”. I like the way my name is spelled. It’s unique. If you google my name, there’s only one other person with the exact same spelling as opposed to Fazalina.

Call me “Faza”. Call me “Lena”. It’s fine. But, if you wanna call me by my full name, please say it correctly. I can understand if omputehs are not able to pronounce it correctly, but for Malaysians, especially Malays, it’s just unacceptable. Even when I was in the States, I was FAH-za-LEE-NA. At least, it was still four syllables – sort of. But, then, since most of them felt my name was too long, I was fondly called “Fozzy” – no, not Fonzy. It was alright, I guess. My French teacher, Mr Ritz, was the worst. He kept calling me Fassalina and spelt it that way too in the yearbook that I asked him to sign when I was about to leave the country (I wonder where the yearbook is now. Note to self: Find the yearbook).

Oh yeah, I don’t particularly like it when people call me “Faz” or “Ina” also.

So, why the fuss about my name? I dunno. It’s my name. And if I wanna make a fuss about it, why the hell not?

2 comments:

pei wei said...

hey faza love the new look!

Faza said...

hey PW, cetak rompak je from all the blog skins available.. am not that creative or savvy enough to create my own blog skin..